Effective Date: January 1, 2017
Welcome to the Raising Cane’s Arcade mobile app! The Raising Cane’s Arcade mobile app (“Arcade App” or “App”) is brought to you by Raising Cane’s Restaurants, LLC (“we” or “us”), which is committed to providing a safe, fun environment for kids and their families. We explain our privacy practices in detail below, but here’s a summary of the basics:
- We don’t allow users to submit personal information to us or share it with others.
- We don’t have links to websites.
- We don’t permit sharing with social media networks.
- We don’t have advertisements.
- We don’t have in-app purchases.
- We don’t send push notifications.
- We don’t collect your exact location, but we know what city you’re in.
- We do track how users interact with the game, but this information is anonymous and used only to support the internal operations of the App.
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The App is intended for use within the United States only and was designed to comply with applicable federal and state law, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
III. Information Collection and Use
In order to minimize the information we collect from App users and keep the App safe for children, we don’t (i) link to websites or social media platforms, (ii) allow users to upload content that is accessible to us or to third parties, (iii) allow users to share information with social media platforms, (iv) display advertising in the App or otherwise use any information collected from the App to serve ads, (v) send push notifications, or (vi) allow in-app purchases.
Children can use the Arcade App without providing any personal information. In fact, the App doesn’t allow kids to submit personal information to us or share it with others. Although users can submit their initials to game leaderboards, this information is stored locally on your device and can’t be accessed by us.
We collect certain information automatically whenever users download or play the App. This information is collected using Google Analytics, a common analytical tool that collects information passively from the user’s mobile device. The Google Analytics Software Development Kit (“SDK”) is included in the App. When installed on your mobile device, the SDK helps us understand how the App is performing and how users engage with the App. Information collected in this manner is anonymous and doesn’t identify the user or your mobile device. This information may include your device type and operating system, duration of user sessions, how often a user uses the App and what actions you take within the App. This information is used only to support the internal operations of the App.
Whenever the App is used, we collect city-level location information regarding the device’s location. We do not collect precise geolocation information, such as the street or GPS longitude and latitude coordinates.
IV. Information Sharing
The information we collect from the App is used only to support the internal functions of the App. We don’t share any information collected from the App, except in the following circumstances:
- We may share information with third-party service providers. For example, we may use third parties to provide development, maintenance and support services and analytics services. These service providers are prohibited by contract from using your personal information for their own purposes or from sharing your personal information with anyone other than us or our other service providers.
- In the event that Raising Cane’s Restaurants, LLC merges with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, sell all or substantially all of our assets, sell a line of business or are otherwise reorganized, the information we collect will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
VI. Contact Us