Effective Date: January 1, 2020
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION
- CHILDREN AND MINORS
- COOKIES / WEBSITE USAGE
- CHOICES AND RIGHTS
- EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
- SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CONTACT US
- Durations of user sessions;
- How often a user uses the application; and
- Actions taken within the application, including browsing.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The Company collects information from the following sources:
- Directly from you and other consumers through your interactions with us, including information that you voluntarily provide on Company Sites' online forms, which may include: user registration, sweepstakes, contest, giveaway promotions registration and claims, contact requests, guest comments, online surveys, and other online activities;
- Through automated technologies and online tools (e.g., cookies);
- From contract research organizations; and
- From third party service providers and other business partners.
From time to time, we may use or augment the information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties.
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Company collects the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number).
- Personal identifiers (such as your Caniac Club Account Number, ID and password, Social Security number, Driver’s License number, passport number, signature, account username and password, photographs and social media handle).
- Financial information (such as credit/debit card number, products purchased, and dates of purchase).
- Employment information (such as occupation, title, certifications, and work experience).
- Educational information (such as college or school attended, year graduated, and school grade).
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, and ethnicity).
- Personal characteristics (such as veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, and familial information).
- Health-related information (such as medical information, family medical history, or other employee benefits claims information).
- Geo-location information (such as city/state, zip code, and physical location).
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity information, using technologies such as cookies and Google SDK (this includes internet browsing history, IP address, guest comments, device type, operating system, and duration of user session).
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of Personal Information listed above reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, attitudes and abilities.
In addition to the above categories, you may provide us with additional pieces of information when you create an account, fill in a form, or submit an application for employment. The information we collect may be combined with other Personal Information provided to us.
5. HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the Personal Information we collect to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it and for other purposes disclosed at the time the information was collected. For example, we may use Personal Information to:
- Fulfill requests, respond to your inquiries, perform services and complete requested transactions.
- Register users for online activities, such as: online ordering, sweepstakes, contests, surveys, employment applications, comment forms, or any other online interactive activities.
- Understand the use of the Company Sites and make improvements. This includes internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, and developing new products or services.
- Obtain parental consent from visitors, when necessary.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Company Sites as necessary and for the protection of the Company, our users, and others.
- Send you important information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Send notices of special promotions, new features and services, offers, updates or solicitations.
- Promote and market the Company's business and various products to you. You have the right to opt out from receiving marketing communications, as described in the “Choices and Rights” section.
- Conduct research, surveys, compile databases, and identify individuals to recruit in our research programs.
- Comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may aggregate or de-identify any Personal Information that we collect, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
6. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers who provide us with services, such as data analysis, online advertising, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to Personal Information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such Personal Information. However, even with the service providers agreeing to abide by these restrictions, we cannot control how third parties process information.
- Commercial Partners. We may share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties who partner with us to deliver goods and services or facilitate our other commercial activities. Depending on the choices you have made and the nature of the joint activity, these third parties may contact you regarding Raising Cane’s-related products, programs, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all information that we collect from site users or offline to a third party.
- At your direction. We may use and disclose your Personal Information as you otherwise consent. For example, if you enter a sweepstakes or other promotion, the official rules may include provisions related to the sharing of your Personal Information.
Raising Cane’s does not sell, rent, or otherwise share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third parties for money for their own use or marketing purposes.
7. CHILDREN AND MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any children under age 16. If you are under age 16, please do not submit any Personal Information to us. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can contact us to remove the information.
8. COOKIES / WEBSITE USAGE
You may have the choice whether or not to disclose Personal Information; however, some parts of the Company Sites and some services or activities may be more difficult or impossible to use if you choose not to disclose Personal Information.
We also collect information pertaining to the web pages visited and general usage patterns through the use of “cookies”. We use technologies and online tools such as "cookies", "pixel tags" and GIF files to automatically collect certain information. Cookies are text files that a web server can store on a user’s hard disk. Cookies enable us to customize your experience and provide greater convenience.
Additionally, when you use our website, some browsers have Do Not Track (“DNT”) features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. Raising Cane’s does not honor the AdChoice DNT signals. Please be aware that limiting the ability of website technologies may limit your experience and in some cases the Company Sites may not work.
9. CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Information, which you may exercise using the methods provided in the Exercising Your Rights section below. Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to additional consumer rights, including the right:
- To know the categories and/or specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom your Personal Information was shared;
- To request deletion of Personal Information;
- To opt-out of the sale of Personal Information; and
- To non-discrimination based on the exercise of a consumer’s privacy rights.
10. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise your applicable rights, including submitting a verifiable request, please click here or call us at 833.HI.CANES (833.442.2637).
We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding Personal Information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a consumer, or a parent/guardian making a request on behalf of your minor child, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identify. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will endeavor to inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to Company Sites because of choices and requests you make in connection with your Personal Information. We will promptly respond to all applicable requests.
11. SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via online and mobile platforms is never completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We urge you to be careful online. This includes not sharing your user names and passwords.
13. CONTACT US