- What information does the Company collect about me on the Sites?
- How does the Company use targeted advertising?
- What does the Company do with the information collected?
- With whom does the Company share the information?
- What are my privacy choices?
- How do I correct or update my Personal Information?
- How does the Company protect the security of my Personal Information?
- Do the Company’s Sites link to other sites?
- How does the Company handle children’s privacy online?
- How do I contact the Company?
- Your California Privacy Rights
- NOTICE REGARDING FRANCHISE OFFERS OR SALES
2. What information does the Company collect about me on the Sites?
Personal Information: The Company collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide on the Sites’ online forms, which may include: user registration, sweepstakes, contest and promotions registration and claims, contact requests, guest comments, online surveys, and other online activities. The personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you provide on the Sites may include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail addresses, age, date of birth, credit card information, demographic information, and any other information you may voluntarily provide. You will have the choice whether or not to disclose such Personal Information in the above activities; however, some parts of the Sites and some services or activities may be more difficult or impossible to use if you choose not to disclose Personal Information.
At the time of registration, you may have the option to receive future offers and updates from the Company by checking the appropriate opt-in box. If you choose to opt-in, We will alert you via e-mail to new features, special offers, updated information and new services.
We also collect certain non-Personal Information automatically whenever users download or play one of our mobile applications. This information is collected using Google Analytics, a common analytical tool which collects information passively from the user’s mobile device. The Google Analytics Software Development Kit (SDK) is included in the applications. When installed on your mobile device, the SDK helps us understand how the application is performing and how users engage with the application. Information collected in this manner is anonymous and doesn’t identify the user or your mobile device. This information may include your device type and operating system, duration of user sessions, how often a user uses the application and what actions you take within the application. This information is used improve our applications and to support their internal operations.
Location Information: The Company may use your IP address to derive your general location, such as your city or zip code. At present, we do not collect precise geolocation information.
Cookies are small text files accepted by a web browser and then placed on your hard drive. These cookies help us understand how the Sites are performing and how visitors engage with the Sites. The Non-Personal Information we collect using these technologies, including Google Analytics, may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, device type, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the time, frequency and duration of your use, the pages or features you access, the website that directed you to the Sites and the website you visit when you leave the Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy choices in connection with Google Analytics, including the Google Analytics Browser Opt-Out Add On, please visit the Google website.
Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can usually block or restrict cookies on your computer or device or purge them from your browser by adjusting your browser preferences. You should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser or your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on how to configure your settings to meet your preferences. You do not need to enable cookies to visit Our Sites; however, some parts of the Sites and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use if cookies are disabled.
4. How does the Company use targeted advertising?
- To opt-out from targeted advertising from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), please visit the DAA website.
- To opt-out of targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), please visit the NAI website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are browser specific. If you wish to opt-out of targeted advertising across all browsers, you need visit the above websites from each browser you use. Also, please be aware that if you opt out of receiving targeted advertising, you will still be served with advertisements, but they will no longer be targeted to your interests.
5. What does the Company do with the information collected?
We use the Personal Information we collect to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it and for other purposes disclosed at the time the information was collected. For example, the Company may use your Personal Information: (1) to administer sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and fulfill prizes; (2) to register users for online activities such as: online ordering, sweepstakes, contests, surveys, employment applications, comment forms, or any other online interactive activities; and (3) to respond to specific requests from visitors.
We may also use your information, including Personal Information (1) to understand the use of the Sites and make improvements; (2) to obtain parental consent from visitors, when necessary; (3) to provide any necessary notices to visitors or their parent or legal guardians if situations prompt such notification; (4) to protect the security or integrity of the Sites if necessary; (5) to send notices of special promotions, offers or solicitations; (6) in general, to promote and market the Company’s business and various products; and (7) to carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us .
6. With whom does the Company share the information?
- We may share Personal Information, with third-party service providers. For example, We may use third parties to provide hosting, development, maintenance and support services, fraud protection and risk reduction, email distribution, marketing and advertising, market research, and promotions management and fulfillment. These service providers are prohibited by contract from using your personal information for their own purposes or from sharing your Personal Information with anyone other than Us or Our other service providers.
- In the event that the Company merges with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that We are sold, sell all or substantially all of Our assets, sell a line of business or are otherwise reorganized, the Personal Information We collect will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information as you otherwise consent. For example, if you enter a sweepstakes or other promotion, the official rules may include provisions related to the sharing of your Personal Information.
We may share your non-Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose. This information is anonymous and is typically shared in aggregate format.
7. What are my privacy choices?
Email Communications: Users may opt-out of Our promotional emails by sending an email requesting removal from Our email marketing list to email@example.com. In addition, you can opt out of receiving promotional emails from Us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email we send you and following the procedures indicated. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Us, We will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you. The Company will send an acknowledgement or confirmation of the request to the e-mail address on file.
Tools on Mobile Devices: You can control the tools on your mobile device. For example, you can turn off location services or push notifications. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals: Although your browser may deliver a DNT signal to the Sites, the Company does not currently respond to DNT signals.
8. How do I correct or update my Personal Information?
You control the accuracy of your Personal Information. If your Personal Information changes, feel free to correct, update or delete/deactivate it by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to review your Personal Information that the Company has on record, you may contact email@example.com.
9. How does the Company protect the security of my Personal Information?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via online and mobile platforms is not completely secure and We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We urge you to be careful online. This includes not sharing your user names and passwords
10. Do the Company’s Sites link to other sites?
The Sites may contain links to other websites that may not be owned or operated by the Company. The Company cannot control nor is responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. The Company encourages you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
12. How does the Company handle children’s privacy online?
The Sites are not intended for use by children under 13 and We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If We learn We have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, We will delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given Us information, you can contact Us to remove the information.
13. How do I contact the Company?
14. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits consumers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write Us at: 6800 Bishop Rd., Plano, TX 75024.
15. NOTICE REGARDING FRANCHISE OFFERS OR SALES
None of the communications made through the Sites should be construed as an offer to sell any franchise in, nor is any such communication directed to, the residents of any jurisdiction requiring registration of the franchise before it is offered or sold in the jurisdiction. No franchises will be sold to any resident of any such jurisdiction until the offer has been exempted from the requirements of, or duly registered in and declared effective by, such jurisdiction and the required Franchise Disclosure Document (if any) has been delivered to the prospective franchisee before the sale in compliance with applicable law. If you have any questions concerning the registration status of franchises in your jurisdiction, please contact email@example.com or call 1.866.55.CANES.